On behalf of the ABA Section of International Law (the “Section”), we are pleased to invite you to a very special Spring Meeting at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City, April 12-16, 2016.
The theme of the Spring Meeting is “Liberty and Justice Under International Law.” The Section’s Spring Meeting is one of the world’s most important gatherings of international lawyers. We are expecting more than more than 1,500 attendees from nearly 80 countries.
SPRING MEETING ATTENDEES WILL INCLUDE:
- High-level practitioners with respected global law firms;
- Corporate counsel from multinational companies;
- Small-firm and solo practitioners with significant international practices;
- Lawyers serving in government or with non-governmental organizations and inter-governmental organizations; and
- Academics and law students
The Section is the home within the ABA for the world’s leading international practitioners, and the 2016 Spring Meeting is a “Must-Attend” meeting for lawyers with a practice or interest in international legal issues.
Early Bird Registration Deadline is Monday, February 29, 2016. Take advantage of lower registration rates for both individual and group attendees! For more information about group registration rates, please contact Thomas Happell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Registration Final Deadline is March 25, 2016. Online registration will be closed after this date.
Onsite registration will be available as of April 12. The Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City is holding a block of rooms for us until Friday, March 18, 2016. But do not wait to make your reservation – we often sell out our block in advance of the deadline! We have reserved a special nightly rate of $289 plus applicable daily tax per room for single/ double occupancy.
ATTENDANCE AT THE 2016 SPRING MEETING WILL OFFER YOU:
- More than 70 substantive continuing legal education sessions with world-class speakers;
- Keynote luncheon speakers U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer and U.S. Ambassador to El Salvador, Ambassador Mari Carmen Aponte;
- Cutting-edge programming on current international legal and ethics issues;
- Networking opportunities with peers, decision makers and potential clients from around the world who are active in international practice areas; and
- An entire year’s worth of CLE credits.
OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES!
- Opening Reception at the Grand Hyatt Hotel (Tuesday);
- Reception at Gotham Hall (Wednesday);
- Reception at the Morgan Library and Museum (Thursday); and
- Chair’s Closing Reception at the Grand Hyatt Hotel (Friday)
STAY UP-TO-DATE: Ambar.org/ILSpring2016
LEARN, NETWORK, PARTICIPATE
- Learn the latest from top experts and receive information that is relevant to you in your international law practice area;
- Network with the best and brightest international lawyers throughout the conference, particularly at our twice daily networking breaks, evening events and ticketed luncheons;
- Participate in specialized meetings with colleagues who share your areas of interest by attending committee business meetings, division breakfasts, a committee networking luncheon and committee social dinners; and
- Visit exhibitors of products and services relevant to the legal profession.
Join us in the city that never sleeps for a spectacular Spring Meeting!